Johns Hopkins APL, The Baltimore Chapter of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, and FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) jointly sponsored a qualifying robotics competition for 9-14 year olds on January 9, 2010.
The competition, known as First Lego League, gave teams Lego Mindstorm robotics kits and asked them to:
– Design, build and program robots,
– Apply real-world math and science concepts,
– Research challenges facing today’s scientists,
– Learn critical thinking, team-building and presentation skills, and
– Participate in tournaments and celebrations.
Duration : 0:8:15